tmux is (apart from screen) my favourite terminal multiplexer. In my opinion it's way better than screen, with little drawbacks as opposed to screen.
What does my tmux config do?
- Provide an ssh-agent throughout the whole tmux session which keeps your ssh key password for 43200 seconds
- separate workspaces, like private workspace, customer1, customer2 and so on. It also highlights the workspace by using a separate color for each workspace
- Use shortcuts to paste my vim -and bash preferences into any session
- Establish ssh sessions through a server between my tmux client and my destination server (a ssh-server in the middle so to say)
- Show important server logs in a split screen under the server session
So enough talking, here's my config: Download